Instagram Stories allows users to share their videos and photos with their followers. The feature allows users to share moments of their life with their friends and fans. While it’s a nice feature, it has one caveat. It will available 24 hours only than after no longer is able to access it. Perhaps it has often crossed your mind if you could salvage certain stories.
It is possible to save other people’s Instagram Stories without telling them. There are several ways to achieve this, as explained here.
On the iOS platform
- If you have an iOS device, you can follow the steps below to save Instagram Stories:
- Launch the app on your device
- Open the user’s story which you want to save
- Tap the menu button in the lower right corner (highlighted with 3 dots)
- Select the “Save” / “Save Photo/Video” option from the pop-up menu . Save history’ option. This allows you to access all of the story content in a single video file. Apple Screen Recording Feature
With the release of iOS 11, Apple introduced a unique screen recording feature. It allows you to save all actions on the screen and is a great way to record and save someone’s Instagram stories. You must enable the feature before the screen capture feature appears in the menu
- Go to Settings
- Open Control Center
- Select Customize Controls option
- Scroll down and add Screen Recording
- Now when you find an interesting story, you can record it with a
On your PC
You can use the IG Chrome extension to save other people’s Instagram stories to your PC. Make sure Google Chrome browser is installed on your system.
Sign in to your Instagram account
Download and enable the Chrome IG extension (once enabled, the extension will appear on the right side of the address bar)
Click on the extension and a list of all recent Stories from the accounts you follow will appear
- Choose the user’s the story you want to save
- Click on the download option
- The extension saves the story in a zip folder
- On the Android platform
If you have an Android device, you must have a special application install the Play Store before downloading the ability to download someone’s Instagram Stories.Once you’ve found the right app, the following steps are easy:
- Open the instgram app and log in with your Instagram user id
- You’ll see stories from all the profiles you follow
- Tap on the profile name, the stories will be displayed in a grid format
- Tap on a story and select ‘Save’ option
Typically, these apps allow you to view downloaded stories from your device’s Gallery app.
Anyway, if your goal is to save someone’s Instagram story, this is how you download Instagram stories from someone else’s account.
- They all have the same purpose, with minor differences, so choose one.
- Go to Instagram Stories Downloader.
- Enter the username or instagram id of the person you want to download Instagram Stories or Highlights from
- Scroll down to view Featured Stories, which you can download individually, or scroll down to view Featured Stories, which opens this user’s featured stories.
- Right-click the video button “As Video save”, select “save link as” and save it wherever you want on your computer